Countdown to Christmas Dec. 17th, 2016

Hello guys!! For today’s recipe, I chose Molasses Spiced Cookies from Baked Bree. These are so good. Just the right amount of spice and deliciously chewy. Enjoy!

P.S. Recently a vegan blogger inspired me and made me realize that not everyone eats animal made products. From now on, with every recipe I post I’m offering hopefully helpful vegan substitutes. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

90472fdb-a7f8-439b-add9-63ef87418cf8-1372-00000357dce63632_tmp

Molasses Spice Cookies

INGREDIENTS

2β…“ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
Β½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground ginger
Β½ teaspoon cinnamon
ΒΌ teaspoon ground allspice
pinch of freshly grated black pepper
1Β½ sticks room temperature butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
Β½ cup molasses
1 egg
Β½ cup sugar for rolling

INSTRUCTIONS

Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and molasses. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.

Scrape the sides frequently.

Add the egg and beat for another minute.

In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.

Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix just until the flour is incorporated.

Do not over-beat the dough.

Divide the dough in half and wrap it in plastic wrap.

Chill the dough for 30 minutes in the freezer or at least an hour in the refrigerator.

Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Scoop out some dough and roll it into a ball.

Roll the dough in sugar.

Dip the glass in sugar and use the bottom to flatten out your cookies.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 14 minutes.

Cool on a rack.

Vegan Substitutes-

Try a half of an avocado πŸ₯‘ in place of the butter. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Try flax egg in place of the egg.

14 Comments Add yours

1. You listed a substitute for the butter, ehat anout the egg. I will use a flax egg, what would you suggst ?

Liked by 1 person

1. Bernadine says:

Oops πŸ™Š I knew I forgot that 😬😬 I think a flax egg would be fine πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‹

1. I do a lot of vegan baking that’s why I asked. My daughter in law once gave up the following as a guide. https://cookandenjoyrecipes.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/how-to-vegan-ise-a-regular-yummy-recipe/. I have more if you ever need, just let me know.

Liked by 1 person

2. Bernadine says:

Thank you!, this should help a lot. I’m glad to be helping all the vegans out there πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

3. Bernadine says:

😊 Thank you!

Liked by 1 person

4. Glad I could help. As mentioned our Son and his family are all vegan, and I have been cooking now for 10+ years vegan so I am familiar with it and happy to help as Sharing is Caring. 😊😊

Liked by 1 person

2. Sorry about all the typos, on my Ipad, and did not pick it up, my apologies.

Liked by 1 person

1. Bernadine says:

Mine does the same thing don’t worry 😊😊

Liked by 1 person

3. Kate says:

I’m not a vegan but I’m moved by how considerate you are. 😊 Also, yum! I’d like to try this one day! πŸ’•

Liked by 2 people

1. Bernadine says:

Thank you Kate! That a very nice of you to say 😊😊. You should definitely try those cookies!

Liked by 1 person

4. Such beautiful cookies– I think our grand-girlswould love them! Fun to find your blog!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Bernadine says:

Yay! I hope you like thm! Please follow for more recipes. Happy Holidays!

1. HI Bernadine– your Christmas tree cake is so much fun! Hope all’s going well with you…

Liked by 1 person