Hello everybody, and Happy Veterans Day! Today’s recipe are for gluten free almond flour pancakes. For those of us who want to watch our diets, or are allergic to gluten, these pancakes are the perfect substitute to the ones made with white flour. They are quick, easy, and have a slight almond flavor. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Almond Flour Pancakes Recipe:
- 1 cup (96g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp sugar (or honey)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk of choice
- 2 tbsp any neutral oil of choice; plus more for frying
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Maple Syrup (optional)
- Furit (optional)
Mix together the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla if using, and sweetener into a bowl. Then, add the almond flour, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine.
Add some oil to a frying pan or griddle, and cook the pancakes on medium low for about three minutes on each side.
Cool and serve with maple syrup and fruit if desired.
MAKE IT VEGAN:
- For the eggs, use 6 tbs. (90ml) of JUST egg (vegan egg substitute)
- For the milk, any plant milk should work.
Be sure to say thank you to a veteran today! 🇺🇸