Hello everyone! Today’s recipe is a good welcoming for fall- I made some spiced sugar cookies and iced them with a lovely glaze. These cookies are small batch for when you’re in the mood to have a quick batch of cookies. They also feature spices They’re also the perfect size to enjoy!
Iced sugar cookies for two
Iced Sugar Cookies for Two Recipe:
- 3/4 cup (96g) all purpose flour
- 6 tbs. (75g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 6 tbs. (90 ml) melted butter
- 1 egg
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup (25g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsps. water
Directions (for the cookies):
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the melted butter and sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the egg and mix until fully combined.
- Add the flour in two stages and mix until a rough dough forms.
- Stir in the baking powder and spices.
- Chill the dough for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Scoop the cookies in 1/4 cup portions and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Ice the cookies and enjoy!
For the glaze:
- Add the powdered sugar and water in a small bowl.
- Mix together until a thick but pourable glaze forms.
MAKE THIS VEGAN:
For the butter, use any flavorless oil or a vegan butter (earth balance is my favorite).
For the egg, make a flax egg using one tablespoon of flax seed and three tablespoons of water. Let that sit for ten minutes or until thickened and use in the recipe. The same can be done with chia seeds.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram @madebybernadine; let me know in the comments what you would like me to make next!