Hello everyone! Today’s recipe is for delicious chocolate chip blondies! Never heard of a blondie? Think of the brownies lighter cousin. Blondies have this lovely brown sugar flavor and the chocolate chips add the perfect touch; as a bonus, this recipe only requires one bowl and comes together in a matter of minutes! These didn’t last two days in my house so I know they’ll be a hit in yours. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe:
Makes: 18-24 blondies depending on the size
- 2 cups (240g) all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup (160ml) flavorless oil, I used canola
- 1-1/2 cups (270g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium sized bowl, add the sugars; mix until combined.
- Add the eggs and oil and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the blondie batter evenly onto a lightly oiled pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and set at the top.
- Let the blondies cool for 10 minutes before cutting them.
- Serve; Enjoy!
MAKE IT VEGAN:
- For the eggs, use either ONE of these options:
- 6 tbs. (90ml) of JUST egg (vegan egg substitute)
- 2/4 cup (125g) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbs. (20.4g) chia seeds + 5 tbs. (75ml) water (mix together and let sit for 5 minutes until thickened)
- 2 tbs. (13.2g) flax seed + 6 tbs. (90ml) water (mix together and let sit for five minutes until thickened)
- For the chocolate chips, use dairy free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is a good brand)
If you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram @madebybernadine!
Let me know in the comments if you have any recipe suggestions!
If you like my blog, be sure to follow so you never miss a post ☺️