Hello everyone! I’m really excited to share today’s healthy recipe because it’s one of my favorite breakfasts of all time; I absolutely love spicing up my oatmeal and finding new flavor combinations and ways to eat it! This recipe however is one that I tend to eat most often during the week; for me, it’s the classic combination of natural peanut butter and warm blueberries in my oatmeal that start the day off right. I’ve shared a few oatmeal recipes in the past, but this one has to be my favorite! This recipe is so simple, healthy, and delicious! You probably have all the ingredients needed in your pantry to make this right now. So, what are you waiting for?! Go make this for breakfast and let me know how you like it; enjoy!
Peanut Butter Berry Oatmeal Recipe
- 1/2 cup (45g) quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. (150ml) milk (my favorite is almond)
- tsp cinnamon
- tsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup (55g) blueberries
- tsp honey
- 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- In a pot, add the oats, milk, chia seeds, honey and cinnamon.
- Cook for around 5 minutes on medium low heat until thickened.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl.
- Cook the blueberries and the honey in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the blueberry mixture on top of the oatmeal and top with the peanut butter.
- Serve and enjoy!
MAKE IT VEGAN:
For the honey, use agave or maple syrup