Hello everyone! For today’s recipe I thought I should share one of my favorite lunches, because I need to start posting some more savory recipes here! This is super simple and always turns out delicious- avocado toast! I love having avocado toast for lunch, but it’s also great for breakfast and good for your body; enjoy!
Avocado Toast Recipe 🥑
- 1 slice of bread (here’s the recipe for my favorite type: https://madebybernadine.com/2020/11/01/sandwich-bread-rolls-recipe/)
- 1/4-1/2 of an avocado (depending on how much you’d like on your toast)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp. canola oil (for the pan)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cayenne
- A pinch of paprika
- Toast a slice of bread and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the avocado and spices; set this aside.
- In a pan, add the oil and egg; fry on medium heat for around 5 minutes, until the white is set (you can cook it for longer if you don’t like runny yolk).
- Spread the avocado mixture onto the bread.
- Add the egg on top of the bread and season a final time.
- You can replace the seasonings mentioned in this recipe with any you prefer.
MAKE IT VEGAN:
- For the egg, use 3 tbsp. (90ml) of JUST egg (vegan egg substitute.
If you make this, tag me on Instagram @madebybernadine.
Follow my blog if you haven’t already for more delicious recipes and let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions on what I should make next!