Hello everyone! I’m really excited to share today’s recipe as it’s been a staple baked good since quarantine started- in fact, we could call this the national COVID baked good because at this point, who hasn’t made banana bread? Well if that’s you (or even if it isn’t), I’ve got you covered with my favorite recipe that I’ve been making this quarantine for the BEST banana bread ever. Is that a bold statement? Yes…but hear me out! Moist and light banana bread complete with chocolate CHUNKS and a light spread of butter; what could be better? I really hope you guys try this recipe; it’s easy, delicious, and like most of my recipes, vegan friendly! Enjoy!
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHUNK BANANA BREAD VIDEO TUTORIAL:
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHUNK BANANA BREAD RECIPE:
- 1-3/4 cups (235g) flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flavorless oil (I used vegetable)
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas; add the eggs and mix to combine.
- Add the oil and mix until the wet ingredients come together.
- Add the dry ingredients in three batches, stirring the bowl after each addition; mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks (reserve some for the top of the bread if you would like).
- Pour the bread into a lightly oiled 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan and dot the top with the rest of the chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden and no wet batter comes out when tested with a toothpick/knife.
- After letting it cool for 5 minutes, remove the banana bread from the pan and let it cool completely before serving plain with some butter if desired.
- No chocolate chunks? No problem! Melt the chocolate and spread it out onto a silicone mat or lightly oiled aluminum foil in a medium sized layer. Freeze for an hour and cut up into chunks!
MAKE IT VEGAN:
- For the eggs, use ONE of the following:
- 6 tbs. (180ml) of JUST egg (vegan egg substitute)
- Mix 2 tbs. ground flaxseed and 6 tbs. water (let sit for 10 minutes to thicken before using)
- Mix 2 tbs. chia seeds and 5 tbs. water (let sit for 10 minutes before using)
If you make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram @madebybernadine! This is one of my favorite recipes of all time, so I’d love if you tried it and let me know what you think. Let me know in the comments if there is a specific recipe you would like to see and as always, follow this blog if you haven’t already for more delicious recipes!