Hello everyone! Today’s recipe is for a classic and delicious breakfast recipe, one of my favorites to make on the weekend: French toast! This recipe is classic, yet simple to make. Easy, yet sophisticated. Delicious, yet…well just delicious! I hope you guys get to try this one; enjoy!
CLASSIC FRENCH TOAST RECIPE VIDEO TUTORIAL:
Classic French Toast Recipe:
- 4 slices of stale bread
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbs granulated sugar (25g)
- 1 tbs (15g) butter, for the pan
- Assorted fruit, to top
- Maple syrup to top
- Powdered sugar, to top
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and spices.
- Butter a medium sized skillet or griddle and heat.
- Place the stale bread in the French toast mixture for a couple of seconds and place in the prepared pan.
- Cook on low heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until a golden crust has formed.
- Top the French toast with your desired toppings.
- I used my homemade bread for this recipe; I’d you’d like to use it as well, you can find that here: https://madebybernadine.com/2020/11/17/white-sandwich-bread-recipe-video-tutorial-included/
MAKE IT VEGAN:
- For the milk, any plant milk will work.
- For the egg, use 3 tbs. (45ml) of JUST egg (vegan egg substitute)
- For the butter, use any flavorless oil, or Earth Balance (vegan butter brand)
Did you make this recipe? If so, be sure to tag Bernadine @madebybernadine on Instagram, and follow this page as well! And for more easy delicious recipes, be sure to follow my blog!