Hello everyone! Hope you’re doing well; today I’m sharing my recipe for delicious pecan pie. My family has eaten pecan pie at every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and sometimes even birthdays that I can remember! I can confidently say pecan pie is a family favorite. And it’s super easy to make too- everything goes in one bowl, and then gets poured into an unbaked pie crust, so no fuss there. Top the pie with more pecans for decoration if you wish, and bake it off! This pie is perfect for any celebration, so I hope you’ll consider making it next time the need arises. Enjoy!
PECAN PIE VIDEO TUTORIAL
Pecan Pie Recipe:
- 1 cup (328g) light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30g) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (225g) pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup (75g) pecan halves
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients except for the 1/2 cup of pecan halves and mix together until everything is well combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Top with the pecan halves.
- Bake the pie for 55-60 minutes, until golden brown and set.
- Cool for at least 2 hours before serving. (Store the pie in the fridge for up to three days, although it probably won’t last that long!)
MAKE IT VEGAN:
- For the butter, use any vegan butter (Earth Balance is a good brand).
- For the eggs, use 9 tbs. (135ml) of JUST egg (vegan egg substitute).
If you make this recipe, please be sure to tag me on Instagram @madebybernadine, and follow my Instagram if you haven’t already! Let me know in the comment section if there is anything you would like to see me make, especially since we’re in the holiday season! Follow this blog if you haven’t already for more delicious recipes.