Hello everyone! Hope everyone is staying safe this season. Today’s recipe is for one of my all time favorite cookies any time of year- oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chips! Something delicious happens when you add white chocolate chips to oatmeal cookie dough- they give off a lovely flavor and yield an honestly underrated pairing! Enjoy!
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES VIDEO TUTORIAL-
White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies-
(Makes 6 cookies)*
- 1/2 of a beaten egg
- 4 tbs (60g) softened butter
- 1/4 cup (45g) brown sugar
- 2 tbs. (25g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup (65g) oats
- 6 tbs. (45g) flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (50g) white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the butter and sugars until well combined. Mix in the beaten egg until well combined.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt; mix together until just combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool, serve and enjoy!
- This recipe makes a small batch of cookies which can be easily doubled or tripled to fit the amount of cookies you’d like.
- You can substitute the white chocolate chips with semisweet, milk, dark, or other add ins such as raisins.
MAKE IT VEGAN:
- For the butter, use a vegan butter brand (Earth Balance is my favorite vegan butter brand).
- For the egg, use 1.5 tbs. (23ml) of JUST egg (vegan egg substitute)
- For the chocolate chips, use a vegan chocolate chip brand, like Enjoy Life
If you make these, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram @madebybernadine! Feel free to leave recipe suggestions in the comments below.