Hello everyone! Hope all is well. Today I’m sharing one of my all time favorite breakfast recipes- blueberry muffins! These are not only one of my favorite things to have for breakfast, but blueberry is my favorite muffin in general. This recipe is foolproof- soft on the inside, slight crunch on the outside from the raw sugar and every muffin is bursting with beautiful blueberries! It’s a definite winner every single time. Muffins are also just a staple breakfast bake for any time of the year. Did I mention you only need one bowl? Do you really need any more convincing? Go forth and make the best blueberry muffins!
THE BEST BLUEBERRY MUFFINS VIDEO TUTORIAL:
THE BEST Blueberry Muffins Recipe:
(Makes 12 muffins)
- 1/2 cup (120g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- 2 cups (240g) all purpose flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups (225g) blueberries, plus extra for the top
- 2 tbs (30g) turbinado (aka raw aka demarara) sugar
- 12 muffin liners
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with the liners; set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix together until fully combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla; stir until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl.
- Mix until the batter just comes together.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, spoon the batter evenly into the 12 liners (I like to add a spoon of batter to each liner and repeat until all of the liners are evenly filled).
- Dot the tops of batter with more blueberries if desired.
- Sprinkle the raw sugar over each liner of muffin batter.
- Finally, use some oil to brush the top sides of the muffin tin (this is so the muffins don’t stick when they bake and puff to the sides of the tin).
- Bake the muffins for about 30 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Let them cool completely before transferring to a plate to serve.
MAKE IT VEGAN:
- For the butter, use a vegan butter brand (Earth Balance is my favorite vegan butter brand).
- For the eggs, use 6 tbs (90 ml) of JUST egg (vegan egg substitute)
- For the milk, any plant milk should work, such as almond
This is one of my favorite recipes of all time! If you make these, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram @madebybernadine. If you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments!