Hello everyone! Only 5 more sleeps until Christmas! Today’s recipe is a delicious breakfast option in case you’re not sure what to make in 5 days; these gingerbread streusel muffins are flavored with molasses, cinnamon and ginger, topped with a lovely crumble and then glazed. These come together in one bowl and are ready in under 45 minutes! Enjoy!
Gingerbread Streusel Muffins-
(Makes 6 muffins)
- 1 cup (120g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) flavorless oil, like canola
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk
- 2 tbsp (30ml) molasses
For the streusel :
- 1/4 cup (30g) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (23g) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tbsp (45g) butter, softened
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup (25g) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15g) softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a muffin/cupcake pan with 6 liners. Brush the top sides of the pan with oil, as these muffins rise a good amount.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the oil, egg, buttermilk, and molasses until combined.
- Add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking powder and baking soda and fold into the wet ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Make the streusel: mix the streusel ingredients together until they are combined and crumbly.
- Divide the batter evenly between 6 muffin liners; top evenly with the streusel and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven.
- While the muffins are cooling, make the glaze: mix the glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Top the cooled muffins with the glaze; serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram @madebybernadine!