Hello everyone! Have you gotten all of your Christmas menu planning done yet? If not, you should consider adding these scones to your breakfast/brunch! December is prime gingerbread season, so I make tons of gingerbread themed recipes this time of year! Today it’s gingerbread scones- soft and fluffy scones baked to perfection with a delicious glaze to tie them together. You won’t regret this one- enjoy!
Gingerbread Scones Recipe (Makes 8 Scones)
- 2 cups (240g) all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp (25g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick (120g) cold butter cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) molasses
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup (50g) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C)
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, salt and sugar; stir to combine.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and cut in with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the milk and molasses and fold until the dough comes together (it’s ok if it is slightly soft but do NOT add more flour).
- Turn or scrape the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap; use this to form the dough into a circle (place in the fridge for half an hour to form up if the dough is too soft).
- Once the dough is ready, cut into eight wedges.
- Place the scones on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake them for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and risen.
- To make the glaze, mix together the powdered sugar and butter; add enough milk (half a tsp at a time) until the glaze is a pourable consistency.
- Let the scones cool before glazing.
If you make this recipe please let me know by tagging me on Instagram @madebybernadine! And don’t forget to follow me there as well!